If you have been following the articles from PROTRADE United, you may realise by now that we are massively committed to making your life easier and, at the same time, want you to be as productive and profitable as possible.
So, in this article I thought I would do a quick product review of arguably one of the most effective productivity tools on the market. One of the app store’s “essentials”.
Let’s face it; it’s all about having the right tool for the job.
So what is Evernote?
Evernote allows you to capture a note or memo in any format. This includes:
• Web clip (bookmark or screenshot) of a product or service review for reference
• Photo of a business receipt
• Audio file
• Text meeting or handwritten notes.
It then makes these notes accessible and searchable on virtually any mobile device, desktop or laptop.
In addition, Evernote allows multiple people to collaborate on shared Notebooks (collections of notes), which can be instantly updated, as well as accessed from the desktop, laptop or mobile device.
Evernote is easy-to-use and super flexible and allows teams to share information and collaborate on various projects, create a business workflow around processes, digitise important files, capture image-centric brainstorms, monitor finances, among others.
Features Evernote: (Some of which are super geeky)
• Mobile and Desktop interface
• Store notes, files and images
• “Web Clipper” to save and organise full or partial webpages including full-page articles and selected text
• Web clipping support
• Edit rich text and sketches
• Content available on any device
• Save online resources in one place
• Snap photos, record audio, save documents
• Evernote Food for collecting food moments
• Evernote Clearly for clearing web content
• Shapes, arrows and quick sketches
• Sketch on a page and sync notes to any device
• Share notes and collaborate on files
• Annotation and mark-up on screenshots
• Store all itineraries, confirmations, travel documents
• Give feedback and share ideas
Benefits of Evernote:
With Evernote, you can keep everything in sync. All of your notes, files, web clips, or images are available on any device or computer you are using. From short notes to lengthy research, no matter your writing form, Evernote can keep you focused on seeing through these ideas from inspiration to actual completion.
If your business involves you always moving (on the road a lot or working from your ute), but you want to have your notes with you, then this is THE TOOL for you. With Evernote, your paperwork and resources are readily available on your phone or tablet.
You can also share your notes with your staff, suppliers or business support team.
In Evernote, you can keep proposals/quotes, scanned travel documents, confirmations, receipts, maps, and plans, so you will have them easily accessible when you need them.
Evernote’s powerful search and discovery functionalities make everything you have so far collected easy to find.
Download the app, it’s free. Watch some YouTube videos on how to use it so you understand the full extent and then have a play with it. I get that this may seem like “something else to learn” or “do”, but keep in mind how much time you will save in the long run by utilising the right productivity tool! A few extra hours now could save you hundreds of hours in the future.
For more tools on becoming more productive and profitable, contact the team at PROTRADE United on 1300 767 774 or at www.protradeunited.com.au